What it is... and what not
for professional magicians
for magic effect creators
Phoenix Parlour Decks
Card Quality Comparison
for professional magicians
With the magician in mind I wanted to invent a deck for the everyday use - with the highest possible quality for the cheapest possible price. The most important part was the own design of the card backs, the Ace of Spades and Joker. During the last few years dealing with all respect for copyrights and trademarks, I always had to find solutions if I had to print gaffed playing cards for magicians. My alternative Haicicle design was one approach and is quite OK but did not satisfy me.
Creating a design that is NOT owned by any playing card company was my solution. Now it is possible to get playing cards printed around the globe at the best playing card manufacturies with the same design. Every manufactury has its highlights but also drawbacks. That is why the standard decks and most trick cards will be printed at US Playing Cards as they have this well known Air-Cushion-Finish. What they cannot do however is the printing of thin playing cards that are used for card manipulation or - even better - for VERY special effects. So we were able to release thin Phoenix Decks where 104 cards will fit into one card case!!! The cards are produced with the same backs and faces, but are printed at a top notch playing card company in Europe. Just imagine the possibilities.
And the next era also begun: this time with the World's smallest Jumbo Deck, called the Phoenix Parlour Deck.
Key features of the Master Edition of the Phoenix Decks:
- printed at US Playing card company on Bicycle cardstock, with air-cushion finish, so the cards have the well-known Bicycle quality
- going one important step further: all the USPC decks of our Phoenix brand are produced in the highest quality level: Casino Grade. Superior to any Bicycle Deck in standard Supermarket Quality.
- the decks are punched through the backs with freshly sharpened blades to allow perfect Faros and Riffle Shuffles right from the start, professional magicians know the difference
- the new deck order is optimized for the Tamariz Stack, you can immediately start the necessary faros to get into the stack
- Phoenix faces and Bicycle faces are identical with a few exceptions
- the Ace of Spades is pretty close to the Bicycle Ace of Spades
- all other Aces are specially designed for better visibility. Fine details make them beautiful for close-up performances also, these fine details blur out on distance and will get invisible on stage.
- the common used (old) Aces were included in the deck during the first two printing runs, so that we could find out if our larger Aces or the old Aces would be the ones more preferred! Feedback helped us to completely move over to our larger Phoenix Aces, so that we now can provide two Jokers, a blank face card and a special game card!
- the back design is modern and classy, not too fancy to draw suspicion
- the back design has a very visible but pretty well hidden oneway marking
- the backs where especially designed to hide additional information in the gaffed cards
- the Phoenix card case uses the traditional layout of the Bicycle card case, also there are NO tricks or information on the card case that the cards are optimized for magicians. So you are able to leave the cards on the table after your performance as a souvenir for your audience.
- if you cannot find your well-loved gaff card in our portfolio, we can easily custom print them for you.
- for professional magicians: We offer special deals for print your business card on the blank faces of the Phoenix Deck, just contact us for more details
- the faces also have a well hidden, but very visible oneway marking, a unique feature of all Phoenix Decks.
- a lot of trick cards are already available like blank cards and double backers, marked decks and trick sets, the range of trick decks is constantly growing.